Powered by Blogger.

The Product That Made Me a Lush ADDICT!



Previously, Lush and I didn't get along too well. My social anxiety mixed with the lively (but lovely) staff at Lush just didn't work. In fact, I never really gave it a chance. I'd walk into a store, head down, ready to grab my go-to products and make a run for the tills. I'd never have time to browse the products due to the fear of being asked my favourite scent, for me to answer with either the generic 'fruity' or something stupid, like 'petrol' or 'tuna', you know, the standard answers?!

This post is not shaming Lush or their staff at all, yes, I'm often put off when I'm approached by staff in stores as I prefer to browse at my own pace and hate feeling pushed to buy a product, but at the same time, when I worked in retail, I loved helping customers, so I totally get it. 


However, I digress. 

I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped into Lush in Derby last Saturday. (Big shout out to all of the staff in this store by the way, the guy who served me made my day.) I took a deep breath and gave it a chance, and came out a very happy customer. I took my time walking around the store, picking up a bath bombs and bubble bars along the way. My attention was then drawn to the skincare department, where I saw a range of face masks, and got VERY excited. I've always wanted to try LUSH face masks but have never gotten round too it, so after smelling all the scents and reading which is best for whom, i chose the Mask of Magnamity.

That evening I couldn't wait to chill out in the bath and use my new face mask, and boy was I impressed. I have super sensitive skin, so face masks usually burn me and I have to wash them off straight away, but no, not with this one! Lush describe it as 'A multi-purpose mask with a mixture of gentle yet effective ingredients to clean, calm and clear the skin. Easily smoothed over the skin, this mask is made with peppermint oil to stimulate, marigold oil and chlorophyllin to treat the skin; evening primrose seeds and aduki beans to gently exfoliate as you remove it. You can use this mask anywhere' and I couldn't agree more. You only need the smallest amount to spread over your whole face- which is awesome considering the 315g pot is only £9.95, it will last me FOREVER.

I left it on for around 20 minutes, and removed it with warm water and a muslin cloth. There was no pain when removing which I've often found before with products which exfoliate- I was loving it! and the results? Well, lets just say my face has been feeling smoother than a No Fat - No bits of strawberry floating around- smooth greek yogurt since!

I would totally recommend this mask to anyone who suffers from spots, or like me, who just wants to treat their skin every now and again. I'll defiantly be back to LUSH as soon as possible. I wish I'd given it a chance before, I must have been missing out on SO much.

Let me know your fave LUSH skincare products in the comments! I'd love to try them out.