Powered by Blogger.

Blonde on a Budget



Regular visits to the hairdressers can get expensive, and as I'm currently saving every single one of my hard earned pennies, I've had to cut down on how often I treat myself to a hair cut or colour. For me, this is really annoying as I get bored SO easily and change my hair colour all the time. Blonde is a really expensive to 1, colour your hair to in the first place, and 2, maintain. Trust me, I've been there. I've been blonde all over, I've been all shades of ombre, in fact I've had pretty much every hair colour under the sun.

Recently however I decided to jump the gun and bleach my own hair (eek!) I wasn't expecting the results to come out like they did and I was super impressed. Carry on reading to find out how I achieved bright blonde hair, on a budget, with NO damage (I know, it's a dream come true)



 L'Oreal Wild Ombre's No3

This stuff is incredible for bleaching your hair. It's designed for Ombre, but I've used it all over before and it does the job fine, it is just bleach after all! What I love about this product is that it comes with a brush which allows you to apply the bleach evenly, and without having any harsh lines. The price point is around £5-£7, I usually shop around to find the best deal. (Tesco or Asda is your best bet) This dye also comes in 2 other shades for those of you who have darker hair, so you can still achieve a blonde look, but it may take more time as you'll need to work your way up the colour chart.




Bleach London Silver Conditioner

Upon purchasing this I was really apprehensive. I'm not sure why, but i was. Well, there was no need to be. This is hands down the best conditioner I have ever used. Not only does it help maintain my blonde hair, it makes the ends softer than they've ever been, and I've tried every conditioner on the market, and i mean that! It's only £5 and lasts a life time- I picked mine up from Boots.


Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo 

In my opinion, this is the best toning shampoo on the market. I've used this every time I've had blonde hair and have never been disappointed. You may be scared at how bright purple the liquid is at first, but it tones away any brassy colours in blonde hair, in just over 5 minutes. I use this every other time I wash my hair and never have to worry about brassiness. One thing about this product I would point out is that it can dry your hair out if you don't use a good conditioner alongside it, but teamed up with the Bleach London one mentioned below, you can't go wrong! Again, the price on this one varies. You can pick it up from a supermarket or drugstore for £3-£4, or if you're lucky, your local bargain store might have some in stock. Try Home Bargains, they often stock it for under £2!

Check out the images below to see the results on my hair!


I hope this post has helped anyone who is looking for products to help them maintain thier blonde hair, or even for those of you who want to take the plunge!