Powered by Blogger.

How To De-Stress

  

There are certain points in my life where i feel like my I'm in a constant state of stress. It might be because I'm 19 and working a full time job whilst studying, it might be because I'm growing out of my family home but can't afford to move out yet, or it might just be me. Everyone goes through stressful periods in their life, and whether it's just an hour, a day, or even a few weeks, I've found the perfect ways to de-stess (because I've become a pro at it now!)


Have a Bath

I used to hate having baths. I'd get bored and too hot and I'd stay in there for a shorter amount of time than it took to actually run the bath. Since then, I've discovered i was doing it all wrong! In order to relax and destress, I find the best thing to is throw in a few relaxing products. On a day to day basis, I love to have a super bubbly bath. I use about half a bottle of Tesco Pampering Bath Cream, it comes in 1L bottles for 90p, so it's a really cheap way to relax. On the weekends I'll often use a Lush bath bomb for a treat, or any other bathing products I have in the bathroom. At the moment I'm using the Zoella bath fizzers (pictured above) that I got for Christmas.



Read

I'm not a big reader, but there are a couple of books which I love and will read over and over again. If i'm feeling stressed, I'll either hop into bed and read a few chapters, or read in the bath. If i have over half an hour, I love to read the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard. I've read them SO many times, but I can't get enough. If you're reading in the bath, I prefer to chose a book where you can pick and choose at chapters. At the moment I'm reading through Life With a Sprinkle of Glitter- The chapters aren't related so you can read them in any order and it has a tonne of relevant advice for girls and women- I'm loving reading the advice on moving out for the first time- very helpful!

Go for a walk

Walking or running are great ways to de-stress. The fresh air allows you to clear your head, and if you're with someone else, you can speak to them and get everything off your chest. My boyfriend and I often go for walks when we can feel ourselves getting stressed or irritated, and feel much more relaxed once we've been outside.

Make phone call

There is only one person who i can 100% rely on to cheer me up and that's my boyfriend. He's the most incredible and supportive person I have ever met, and if he's not by my side, he's always a phone call away. If you're feeling stressed, call someone you love. Your mum, a partner, a friend, anyone you know who will take your mind off the problem, or help you to solve it. I always find talking about the problem helps, and after that, just speaking about your day will take your mind off things and you'll start to feel so much better.


I hope this post was helpful, let me know in the comments what you do to relax!